The Law Offices of Deborah S. Ball is dedicated to helping clients look to the future. Working with Deborah S. Ball and her staff, clients can be assured that their financial, medical and personal long-term goals are being established effectively. It is a great benefit to families to have all of these financial matters in order as soon as possible.
With offices in Queens and Manhattan, elder law attorney Deborah S. Ball and her staff serve clients throughout Brooklyn, lower Westchester County, Nassau County and the entire New York City metropolitan area in all manner of long-term care planning, including:
- Medicaid planning: Although Medicaid can be an extremely helpful tool for many elderly recipients, it is extremely complicated, and it is not for everyone. Deborah S. Ball and her staff will explain the most current Medicaid laws so you will understand whether you are eligible and what to expect. They will also look at whether or not Medicaid really is the best solution for your needs, considering all other alternatives that might better suit your needs.
- Probate and estate administration: After the loss of a family member, attorney Ball will help you understand your responsibilities as a trustee or estate administrator, handling all of the behind-the-scenes legal work so you can have the time you need to grieve your loss.
- Guardianships: Attorney Deborah S. Ball has been entrusted to numerous guardianship positions in her career, gaining invaluable experience in both the public and private sectors.
- Estate planning, wills and trusts: The Law Offices of Deborah S. Ball handles a wide range of estate planning matters, helping New York clients with transfers of real estate (life estates, transfers to trust, direct transfers and reverse mortgages), special needs trusts, wills, tax benefit maximization and asset protection.
- Special needs planning: Long-term financial care plans are needed for families with special needs children. Through supplemental needs trusts and other financial instruments, the Law Offices of Deborah S. Ball helps clients ensure their children will be taken care of for years to come.
- Advance directives: Deborah S. Ball and her staff help clients establish advance financial and health care directives. The firm can also help you make sure your medical and financial wishes are expressed ahead of time so that your family knows how to take care of you if you ever become unable to express your wishes.
- Asset protection: Through all aspects of elder law, estate planning and probate work, the paramount consideration is to protect and secure assets.
- Elder abuse: The Law Offices of Deborah S. Ball will work to protect the rights of loved ones experiencing neglect, exploitation or abuse at the hands of live-in care takers, residential staff members, guardians or family members.
- Kinship: If a person passes away without a Last Will and Testament, or if a Will is deemed invalid, their estate will be distributed according to the Estates, Powers & Trusts Law 4-4.1.
Now Is The Time To Speak With A Lawyer
To speak with a knowledgeable and experienced New York elder law attorney, contact the firm.
Interpretation for documentation services available in several languages.